National Calzone Day is a holiday dedicated to a unique dish in which millions of people love everything. It is celebrated every year on November 1st by preparing a popular treat with a variety of fillings. It is the filling that is the key element of the dish. Join this delicious and fun holiday with your friends.
The dish appeared in the 18th century in Naples, where pizza first appeared. In fact, calzone is a more convenient way to serve pizza so people can walk around with it. The first mention of the word “calzone” in the literature was only in 1933, as the name of the dough, which was baked and fried with a variety of fillings.
In the 21st century, the dish has become incredibly popular in many countries of the world, this was facilitated by television shows, for example, “Seinfeld”, “Parks and Recreation”, where the authors highlighted separate storylines dedicated to the dish.
- The word calzone has Italian roots and in translation means pants or stockings.
- This is a versatile treat – you can put completely different toppings into it and it will be delicious.
- The largest dish was prepared in 2014 at Rulli’s restaurant in Middlebury, weighing 212 pounds.
- For calzone, prepare the same dough as for pizza.
- The calorie content of one dish is about 2000 calories.
How to celebrate
What better way to celebrate National Calzone Day than by preparing any meal, inviting guests and throwing a party. Believe me, your stomach will only be grateful to you for such a holiday. Before you prepare an appetizer, ask your guests what toppings they like best. Find some new toppings on the Internet and feel free to experiment.
When is National Calzone Day celebrated in 2022?
National Calzone Day is observed on November 1 each year.