International Music Day is dedicated not only to musicians, but also to music lovers who cannot imagine a day without a good song. Most of us do not go out without our favorite headphones, which play our favorite tracks. Join the holiday and enjoy its power not only on October 1, but throughout the year!
The first International Day was celebrated in 1975. It was founded by Yehudi Menuhin, one of the greatest violinists of the 20th century. At that time, he served as president of the International Music Council. Menuhin addressed the members of the IMC – in the letter he clearly stated the reasons why the holiday should exist, and was heard.
International Music Day was enchanting! The idea was picked up in 150 countries, they created wonderful events, united, and honored their favorite destinations. Since that time, purely musical schools have increased: children were taught to play various instruments and sing.
Did you know that:
- there is no person on the planet whose heart would not be touched by any song;
- listening to your favorite tracks during some activity increases efficiency;
- music is the most amazing thing on earth. Although we take it for granted, music has saved lives more than once, instilled faith, inspired and united;
- some plants grow faster when they “hear” classical music;
- Leo Fender – American inventor and founder of the Fender Electric Instrument Manufacturing Company, turned the world around with amazing guitars. However, Leo did not know how to play these instruments;
- loud music can affect the amount of alcohol you drink in a big way.
How to celebrate
Fulfill an old dream, sign up for vocal courses or learning to play your favorite instrument. You will definitely find like-minded people and be able to perform at city holidays! Go to a concert of your favorite artist or give tickets to your loved ones. Do an interesting experiment – ask people on the streets what music is playing in their headphones.
When is International Music Day in 2022?
International Music Day is observed on October 1 each year.