World Milk Day
Take out bottle of milk from refrigerator, pour full glass and raise it in honor of World Milk Day celebrated on June 1. If article caught up in morning, cook favorite breakfast with cereal, pour mixture with milk, nutritious, energizing. At night drink warm milk, perfect way to get rid of worries of past day, fall asleep.
During Neolithic, mammals became pets; ancient man began to consume milk. Powdered milk appeared in the ancient Mongol civilization: nomads learned to create dry mixes, dilute with water, useful for nomadic lifestyle. In the XVII century, ice cream made from natural milk appeared, favorite delicacy. In the middle of the XIX century, milk became available in Europe: it began to be transported by rail from producer to consumers. Americans owe holiday’s establishment in 2001 to Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Staff decided to emphasize importance, usefulness of fresh dairy products present on table of every resident of country.
Developing countries (Russia, China, some EU states, Canada) independently produce milk spared need to import products.
- By 2018, event was celebrated in 80 countries.
- Cow gives 6 gallons of milk daily. In a year, the average US resident drinks 25 gallons.
- Milk is stored longer if pinch of salt is thrown into open package, norm for liter.
Milk began to be delivered to houses in 1942 during war. Profession of milkman is recognized as official.
How to celebrate
- Choose simple way: make homemade ice cream, treat your guests. It is difficult to resist delicious invitation.
- Do not forget dairy derivatives: cottage cheese, cream. Luxurious dessert is cake «milk girl» with filling of condensed milk, popular fashion trend. Cake‘s taste is appreciated by skilled confectioners.
- Arrange trip for children to country, farm. Show cows graze, eat juicy grass and subsequently give fresh healthy milk. Peace-loving cows can be petted.
Milk is rich in protein, calcium. Inclusion of product in diet contributes to strengthening of bones, proper physical development of child’s body. Drink milk. Be healthy!
When is World Milk Day celebrated in 2022?
World Milk Day is observed on June 1 each year.