Revenge of the Fifth
Revenge of the Fifth is a celebration for Star Wars fans. It’s believed they join dark side on this day.
May 4th is known as Star Wars Day. It was chosen due to the catch phrase «May the force be with you». But why Revenge of the Fifth? It’s a bit consonant with «Revenge of the Sith», the third episode, released in 2005.
Some people consider May 5 not the best date. This day, people of Mexico, America and other countries celebrate Cinco de Mayo – the victory over the French army in 1862, and Revenge of the Sixth would be better.
Did you know?
- Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen had 2 months of intense fencing training. The speed they fight is real speed, without digital acceleration.
- Mustafar volcano’s images are actual footage of Mount Etna in Italy.
- Steven Spielberg took part in film’s directing. His main contribution was climactic lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader.
- Each clone was created using computer graphics. No clone suits were used.
How to celebrate
- Rewatch favorite episode.
- Meet like-minded people, have a themed party, or spend time playing Star Wars video games.
- Find a thematic exhibition.
- Arrange online broadcast.
- Launch a flash mob on social networks using #RevengeOfTheFifth hashtag.
When is Revenge of the Fifth celebrated in 2022?
Revenge of the Fifth is observed on May 5 each year.