Nature Photography Day
The first Nature Photography Day was celebrated on June 15, 2006. This holiday was created by NANPA to emphasize nature photography, and to advocate conservation and protection of plants, wildlife, and landscapes around the world. Nature photography generally refers to photography that is taken outdoors and that displays natural elements such as wildlife, plants, landscapes, and close-ups of natural scenes and textures. It typically puts a strong emphasis on the aesthetic value of the photograph. Famous nature photographers include: Ansel Adams, Carleton Watkins, David Muench, Eliot Porter, Galen Rowell, Philip Hyde, William Henry Jackson, Robert Glenn Ketchum, John Shaw, and Arthur Morris.
Celebrate this weird holiday by taking pictures outdoors with your phone or camera. Wish your friends and family a «Happy Nature Photography Day!». Visit a national park such as the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Hawai’i Volcanoes, or Hot Springs. Search for wildlife, and attempt to take a picture of the animal in front of you with your camera. Follow us on Instagram, and stay updated on all the best photography for out-of-the-ordinary holidays that occur each day! Either way you decide to spend Nature Photography Day, remember to appreciate the beauty around you, and make sure you take a ton of photographs!
Nature Photography Day Fun Facts
- Shooting a picture from a very high or very low point will emphasize the natural subject you are photographing.
- Adding yourself to your nature photograph can make it more interesting or add a different and unique element.
- To capture a more dramatic photo, getting closer to the subject will allow you to emphasize the small details that make all of the difference.
- To capture a stunning nature photo, try to capture the subject with a background behind it that complements its color.
- If there is bad weather or if it is overcast outside, photographing a colorful object will invigorate your photo.
Nature Photography Day Jokes
- What’s the difference between a full-time photographer and a large Costco pizza?
- A large Costco pizza can feed a family of four.
- How do trees get on the internet?
- They log in.
- What’s the best way to make money in photography?
- Sell all your gear.
- Why did the pine tree get into trouble?
- It was being knotty.
- Photographers are very mean. First, they frame you, then they shoot you, then hang you on the wall.
Nature Photography Day Quotes
- «To any artist, worthy of the name, all in nature is beautiful, because his eyes, fearlessly accepting all exterior truth, read there, as in an open book, all the inner truth». Auguste Rodin
- «Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there». Robb Sagendorph
- «When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence». Ansel Adams
- «Keep your love of nature, for that is the true way to understand art more and more». Vincent Van Gogh
- «The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity… and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself». William Blake
Nature Photography Day Destinations
- Drive to your favorite nature trail, and take photos of interesting things you find!
- Ride a bike to the park, and bring your camera!
- Go hiking in the mountains with friends, and photograph the nature and wildlife that you discover!
- Look in your backyard, take pictures of what you may find behind your own house.
- Stay home, and read about Nature Photography Day on WeirdHoliday.com!
Alternative titles for this holiday include: National Nature Photography Day, International Nature Photography Day, Nature Photograph Day, National Nature Photograph Day, and International Nature Photograph Day.
When is Nature Photography Day in 2022?
Nature Photography Day is observed on June 15 each year.