National Tourism Day
National Tourism Day in the United States of America is one of the celebrations of National Tourism and Travel Week, held every year in May. The goal is to highlight the greater value of travel for Americans and for the national economy, inspire in people the desire to spend more time traveling in their own country and abroad.
This event was first held in 1984. A year earlier, in 1983, US President Ronald Reagan proposed National Tourism Day and a National Tourism Week establishment.
His proposal was supported. Travel fans are celebrating this day with pleasure, acquiring new positive emotions and replenishing the treasury of pleasant memories. And it has positive effect on the development of economy and tourism.
How to celebrate?
Of course, the best way to celebrate is to take a little trip. But what else?
- Give tickets or certificates for a short trip to loved ones.
- Hold a thematic quiz with friends.
- Visit the websites of travel agencies – often they make profitable promotions and discounts. You can book desired tickets at a good price.
- Create a collage of photos taken while traveling.
- Initiate a flash mob on social networks with posting vivid travel photos.
When is National Tourism Day celebrated in 2022?
National Tourism Day is observed on May 7 each year.