- This event has passed.
National Relaxation Day
We live in a frantic pace of life, we are constantly in a hurry and do not notice anything around. But in order to be in good shape and enjoy every day you live, you need rest. At National Relaxation Day you can relax 100%! The date is dedicated to everyone who needs to recuperate.
A simple ten-year-old boy named Sean Moeller came up with the idea for the holiday. It happened in 1985. Sean said in an interview with an American newspaper that adults should have a day in which they can do nothing – even clean the house and make plans for tomorrow.
Adults thought – but really, why not create such a day? Everyone supported the founders. It’s great that today it is celebrated with pleasure!
What else is interesting:
- There is a similar holiday – National Slacker Day. People think they are the same, although the second National Day was invented in the UK;
- The national anthem of the holiday is the song “Relax, Take It Easy” by MIKA. By the way, your favorite music can reduce stress levels;
- if you take a few minutes to rest between complex tasks, you can achieve high efficiency in work;
- timely rest is good for health;
- 45% of people do not know how to relax.
How to celebrate
You already understood that on National Relaxation Day you can’t work and do things that cause stress! Think about what you like to do in your free time: fishing, reading, drawing, sewing, beach holidays, walking in beautiful places, solitude with nature, singing, watching movies … The main thing is to allow yourself to relax so that tomorrow you will wake up with renewed vigor!
When is National Relaxation Day celebrated in 2022?
National Relaxation Day is observed on August 15 each year.