- This event has passed.
National Medical Dosimetrist Day
National Medical Dosimetrist Day is dedicated to the people who save our lives. A dosimetrist is a specialist who is part of a team of radiation oncologists. The doctor is engaged in the calculation and distribution of radiation doses for cancer patients.
The dosimetrist does not act alone. It looks something like this: an oncologist examines a patient, detects a tumor and gives a referral for a certain dose of investment (depending on the size of the tumor and a combination of other parameters). The specialist develops a treatment plan and provides the patient with the necessary procedure.
The doctor makes sure that the beam affects the affected organs and does not harm healthy areas.
Specialists can work in other areas: teaching at universities and colleges, training future dosimetrists; sell products for cancer patients in medical institutions; perform administrative tasks, etc.
How to celebrate
How to celebrate National Medical Dosimetrist Day:
- if you know doctors, be sure to congratulate them with a little surprise or just nice words;
- visit the clinic and treat doctors with sweets, soft drinks, arrange a small buffet table, decorate the room where the event will take place;
- post congratulations from dosimetrists on social networks and thank them for their fight against cancer;
- collect patient stories about specialists and make a publication on the Internet, take interviews;
- become a volunteer. We are sure that your contribution will not be superfluous.
Some organizations arrange competitions, for example, for the best poster for the holiday. Anyone can take part!
When is National Medical Dosimetrist Day celebrated in 2022?
National Medical Dosimetrist Day is observed on the third Wednesday of August each year.