- This event has passed.
National I Love My Feet Day
At National I Love My Feet Day, we bring up a variety of issues that concern our feet. Many associate them with something rough and do not pay due attention to them, however, the legs carry the load of the body daily and experience various stresses. Negligence towards them is unacceptable!
National Day was invented by Carolyn Jenkins, she meant that on this date people would remember about their legs and, in which case, turn to specialists. Many, unfortunately, do not visit doctors until the last, even if there are problems with the limbs.
You can take care of your feet at home, preventing various diseases: wear the right shoes, remove dead skin in time, do a pedicure, use emollient creams and scrubs, etc.
Carolyn introduced the holiday in 2015 in May, and in August the date became official.
A few things that will surprise you:
- while jogging, the feet can withstand the weight of 6 times more than our body;
- legs grow rapidly – their size in a one-year-old child is almost half of an adult;
- feet can smell bad due to 250,000 sweat glands;
- toenails grow 4 times slower than on the hands;
- in the morning, the legs are 8% smaller than in the evening;
- 85% of girls wear shoes “back to back” or a size smaller;
- If you count the number of steps, then in a lifetime a person makes 3 revolutions around the Earth.
How to celebrate
National I Love My Feet Day is perfect for taking care of your feet! Get a pedicure, foot bath, massage.
If you have been putting off a visit to the hospital for a long time, it’s time to do it – make an appointment right now.
Throw away uncomfortable shoes and buy new ones.
Go hiking – movement is life!
And the last thing: you need to take care of your feet daily, make it a habit and keep your health for many years to come.
When is National I Love My Feet Day celebrated in 2022?
National I Love My Feet Day is observed on August 17 each year.