- This event has passed.
National Hire a Veteran Day
July 25, 2022
National Hire a Veteran Day is celebrated every year on July 25th. The mission of the holiday is to draw the attention of citizens and employers to the fate of military personnel when they move on to ordinary, civilian life. Such a sharp turn in life comes with real stress and tests people who have built a military career. Employers, taking a person with military training into the staff, can replenish the team with an experienced specialist and leader.
National Hire a Veteran Day was created by Dan Caporale, a veteran of the Marine Corps. He sincerely cared about the fate of the veterans, so besides the holiday, he founded the organization Hire Our Heroes, which helped them find work.
Interesting facts about veterans
- There are about 18 million people in America who have taken part in at least one war.
- About 7 million American veterans served in Vietnam and 2 million in Korea.
- 9% of people who have completed military service are women.
- The largest number of residents with a military background are in the states of Alaska, Wyoming, and Virginia.
- National Hire a Veteran Day is also dedicated to veterans who died during the hostilities.
On this day, each of us is obliged to honor the memory of a veteran. If you have your own business or company, invite a specialist who was a military person in their past. Be sure to share this date on social media using the hashtag #NationalHireAVeteranDay. Encourage your followers to show respect and appreciation for veterans.
When is National Hire a Veteran Day celebrated in 2022?
National Hire a Veteran Day is observed on July 25 each year.