National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
We sympathize if you had to face such physiological problem, but you can’t keep silent about it — on May 12 National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is celebrated, emphasizing importance of having information about causes, development, consequences of disease. Knowledge helps to cope with difficulties, improve health and learn how to cope with spasms.
Holiday originated in 1992 at suggestion of Sister of Mercy Florence Nightingale, famous for work in places of military operations. In 1998, by efforts of National Fibromyalgia Association, holiday received official status. Fibromyalgia causes disruption of the musculoskeletal system, constrains movement and makes experience severe joint pain on permanent basis. Serious unpleasant condition requires medical intervention in form of conservative treatment, therapy. Frequent symptoms: headache, insomnia, numbness. Disease affects emotional state: irritability, aggression, anxiety appear, depression forms.
There is no drug instantly eliminates fibromyalgia. Often people ignore painful sensations, considering them insignificant. This is unacceptable, need to consult with specialists.
- Fibromyalgia impacts people of different genders, ages, physical condition. Symptoms appear in varying degrees of intensity. Some suffer for hours periodically, others — days, months.
- Fibromyalgia does not belong to category of autoimmune diseases, signs show similarities.
- Treatment is symptomatic, aimed at reducing, eliminating, minimizing discomfort from signs accompany Fibromyalgia.
- Multiple pathology studies are conducted to determine possibility of complete cure.
- Purple ribbon is symbol of support.
- Volunteer movements are organized to help the sick. Important emotional psychological help: patients face mental disorders, need delicate attitude, loyalty and attention.
Remarkable holiday is designed to attract attention of people faced with symptoms. Timely visit to doctor saves from suffering. Be attentive to health, visit doctor’s office to avoid serious dangerous consequences of prolonged course of chronic illness.
When is National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day celebrated in 2022?
National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is observed on May 12 each year.