National Corn Fritters Day
The origins of National Corn Fritters Day are currently unknown, but as an official holiday! Corn fritters are a traditional snack of the South that consist of corn kernels, eggs, flour, milk, and melted butter. Depending on your preference, corn fritters can be fried or baked. Many people serve corn fritters with jam, fruit, honey, maple syrup, or cream to sweeten up their meal. Another popular type of corn fritter is a sweet corn fritter, one that is made with sweet corn. Corn fritters are an amazingly delicious type of food that are a favorite among many people across the world.
Celebrate this weird holiday by frying up some corn fritters with this delicious! Get your family together, and throw a party in honor of National Corn Fritters Day! Make sure you cook a sufficient amount of corn fritters because chances are, they’ll be gone quick! Wish your friends and family a «Happy National Corn Fritters Day!». Drive to your favorite southern-style restaurant, and order a meal with a side of corn fritters. Corn fritters can be served for dessert also! Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of your fritter and enjoy! However, you decide to spend National Corn Fritters Day, we hope you enjoy some delicious corn fritters!
National Corn Fritters Day Fun Facts
- Corn Fritters are often mistaken for johnnycakes, a type of cornmeal flatbread.
- As of September, 2010, Ben Brown claims the world record for the which was 4 feet (1.2 m) in diameter and 0.5 inches (1.3 cm) thick. The fritter was made with 60 eggs from a local farm and 30 cobs of corn!
- Corn is grown on every continent except Antarctica.
- It takes about 1,300 kernels to make a pound of corn.
- Corn is used to produce fuel alcohol. Fuel alcohol is safer for the environment because it makes gasoline burn cleaner, reducing air pollution in the process. It also doesn’t pollute the water.
National Corn Fritters Day Jokes
- Besides corn, corn fritters and doughnuts have essentially the same ingredients. So basically a corn fritter is just a doughnut who tells bad jokes. It’s just a corny doughnut.
- What did the corn fritter say when it got complimented?
- «Aww, shucks!».
- Why shouldn’t you tell a secret in front of a corn fritter?
- The corn had ears!
- What rank was the corn fritter in the army?
- It was a kernel (colonel).
- What was the corn fritter’s father?
- He was «pop» corn.
National Corn Fritters Day Quotes
- «There are men that will make you books, and turn them loose into the world, with as much dispatch as they would do a dish of fritters». Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra
- «A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine». Anne Bronte
- «Corn is a greedy crop, as farmers will tell you». Michael Pollan
- «The day of fortune is like a harvest day, We must be busy when the corn is ripe». Torquato Tasso
- «I have no hostility to nature, but a child’s love to it. I expand and live in the warm day like corn and melons». Ralph Waldo Emerson
National Corn Fritters Day Destinations
- Drive to your favorite Southern-style restaurant, and order some scrumptious corn fritters!
- Visit a farm, and study how corn grows and is sold around the world to consumers like you! Without this crop, corn fritters wouldn’t exist!
- Go to the grocery store, and shop for ingredients to make your own corn fritters!
- Take a vacation to the South (if you don’t already live there), and ask locals about the best place to eat corn fritters!
- Stay home, and read about National Corn Fritters Day on Weird Holiday!
This holiday has also been called: Corn Fritters Day, International Corn Fritters Day, National Corn Fritter Day, Corn Fritter Day, and International Corn Fritter Day!
July 16th is also Fresh Spinach Day and National Personal Chef Day!
National Corn Fritters Day is celebrated in July which is: National Anti-Boredom Month, National Blueberry Month, National Cellphone Courtesy Month, National Grilling Month, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, and National Vacation Rental Month!
When is National Corn Fritters Day in 2022?
National Corn Fritters Day is observed on July 16 each year.