National Bike to Work Day
National Bike to Work Day is a great opportunity to take care of your health and improve the environment. Try to get to work by bike!
Most people lead a sedentary lifestyle. Cars, motorcycles, buses pollute the environment. There’s a way to change everything for the better – riding bicycles to work. To promote all the benefits, Bike to Work Day was established in 1956. Initiator was the League of American Bicyclists.
Initiators and active participants of the holiday call for a complete change of cars to bicycles. Such changes will help improve human health and make the environment safer. They urge doing it every day. But if you don’t dare to make such changes, try it on National Bike to Work Day.
- A bicycle is the most environmentally friendly transport.
- Cyclists cut their gasoline consumption by a billion liters a year.
- In developed countries, rich people ride bicycles 2.5 times more often than poor people.
- Aurumania makes the most expensive bikes. They cover them with a thin gold layer and decorate with Swarovski crystals.
- In Switzerland, a bicycle has been created reached speeds up to 100 km/hour.
- In 1884, Englishman Thomas Stevens circumnavigated the world by bicycle.
When is National Bike to Work Day celebrated in 2022?
National Bike to Work Day is observed the third Friday in May.