- This event has passed.
National Arbor Day
This wonderful holiday in communion with nature, National Arbor Day, is celebrated on April 29, and a time to remember which tree is the home state’s symbol. A great reason to plant your own tree, and watch it grow and bloom.
The first celebration is associated with a resolution of Congress to organize Yellowstone National Park, dating back to the second half of the XIX century. This holiday’s date is flexible. Most celebrate it on the last Friday of April. In Alaska, celebrations are held in May, in November in Hawaii.
How to take part
- Residents of megacities rarely visit nature. Go on picnics, walks, or hiking. Take care of nature, and clean up some garbage.
- Take part in actions organized by the Ecological Society for the Protection of Forests.
- Trees are cut down, as wood is considered a valuable raw material for the production of furniture, accessories, paper, and packaging. Attract public attention to deforestation.
- Take a walk in the forest belt. Feel the fresh air. Your mood is guaranteed to improve, and inspiration to create often appears: draw, sing, and dance.
- Some people manage to plant groves, then walk among the grown-up trees with a sense of satisfaction and sincere joy. It is a great example to follow.
When is National Arbor Day celebrated in 2022?
National Arbor Day is observed on the last Friday in April.