Love a Tree Day
Love a Tree Day is an expression that trees play indispensable, invaluable role in the entire environment functioning. Not many people know that trees haven’t always existed.
For the first 90% of Earth’s history, huge mushrooms instead trees grew, reaching up to 26 feet in height. First large tree was Cladoxylopsida, grew on Earth 400 million years ago. There were also tree-like horsetails and ferns. Today, scientists say there are 3 trillion mature trees in the world. In the United States, there are about 766 million acres of forest land with various tree species.
Trees provide the Earth inhabitants with a huge number of benefits: food, lumber, home, oxygen, protection. Trees are often damaged by fires and logging by humans. In today’s world, people are trying to protect trees, provided full nature functioning. So, National Love a Tree Day was created.
A lot of interesting information is known about trees:
- One pine provides three people with the emitted oxygen.
- The manchinela tree’s the most poisonous. You can’t even just stand next to a tree for a long time. There are cases when car paint was damaged.
- Indian arborist Jadav Paeng in the age of 16 started planting trees in a sandy wasteland. Now he has 550 hectares of tropical forest.
- Most diverse family of trees is the legume family – 5,405 species.
How to celebrate
Here are some ways to spend great Love a Tree Day.
- Plant a tree.
- Go to a forest or park to enjoy pure oxygen.
- Organize distribution of information leaflets about importance and indispensability of trees.
When is Love a Tree Day celebrated in 2022?
Love a Tree Day is observed on May 16 each year.